Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Grandma Trip

GL 09092014
Yesterday I made a road trip to Grant county to see my 95-year-old paternal grandmother.  (My maternal grandmother passed last year at 88, I think.)  It was nice, I met my mom there and we visited and took her out to lunch.  I was glad to have my mom there, she's a talker and I'm not really so she kept the conversations going. 

Grandma seems well - old and frail, but well.  She doesn't hear very well and she is very slow moving about but she was interesting and would liven up when she would start telling us stories of the farm where she was raised.  I, rather unstealthily (isn't that a word?), made a couple videos of her talking, trying to catch one of those stories.  After all, each time I see her I fear it will be the last.

2 comments:

delcatto said...

It's good to keep in touch and to hear those stories. As I get older and, hopefully wiser (I wish!), I realise it's family and friends who are important.

Scoakat said...

Yes, regrettably I need to be reminded of that sometimes. I know it but have not fully learned it yet.