Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: The Morning After

First, the night before rant: 
As I write this we are waiting for friends to arrive for a short NYE party here, then we'll all go out to the bar.  Exactly the same as the last two years, and I feel even worse about it.  Why not just a house party?  I'm too old to want to go out for 'amateur night,' anymore.  We waited and waited for someone to come up with a different plan, hoping one of our friends would step up.  That didn't happen so a couple days ago my wife invited everyone over for the same thing as the last two years, snacks and drinks here then move it to a local bar that we never go to normally but have been to for, well, this will be three years in a row on NYE.  I'm getting too old for this.  It is not a holiday to me, it is Tuesday and tomorrow is a day off and the Capital One bowl at noon - go Badgers!

Maybe one of these years I can get my way and stay in and go to bed early.  I've had enough.  Period.  That's enough of me ranting.  This narration will now pick up tomorrow morning, so we'll see how it went.  Exactly the same, I presume...


Now, New Year's morning realizations:
I was pessimistic, as usual.  The nap helped me A LOT.  My wife looked absolutely beautiful.  The bar was not overly crowded.  And we have pretty good friends. 

Hung over?    Well, yes, we got home about 1:30 in the morning and I wound up staying up until 4 a.m.  Now I have just a short time to finish writing this, shower up, and finish reading all that I want about the Badger game at noon.  All in all, an earlier night and less alcohol is what I would like out of NYE, even though it never really turns out that way.

Sometimes I can be a whiny little bitch and I was the last few days about going out last night.  I'm not saying I'm wrong, because I would still like to act my age more and not go out and not drink too much, but it never really turns out as bad as I fear.  Oh well, lesson learned...  And next year it will probably play out the same way.  Just wait. 

Happy New Year, everyone!

JnT 20140101

I didn't get a lot of good pictures, but here is Jerome and Terry whooping it up about midnight.  I did get some video, I will take the time to review those later and reserve the right to post one if it doesn't suck.

Oh, and flickr is still being a real pain.  I may have to find another way to get my pictures posted on my site.*

*fixed

No comments: