Monday, August 22, 2011

Strawberry Mojito Party

We had a nice gathering of friends on Friday night.  The strawberry mojitos, three big pitcher's worth, went fast but there was plenty of beer for after.  Thanks to all who came, I hope everyone had a good time.  My wife put on an impressive spread.  Four grilled courses (jalapeno poppers - plain and bacon-wrapped, marinated shrimp, fresh pineapple and beef tenderloin on skewers), plus a table full of sides for vegetarians and carnivores alike.  Everyone seemed very impressed, but they usually are.  My wife really enjoys this kind of thing and she does it very, very well.

The Packers were also on, playing a preseason game, so I kept going back and forth a bit to check on the game.  I heard many nice things said about how well I was getting around.  I did cheat a bit, however.  I took my last two 12-hour oxycontins that day.  I had much to do all day and then play host that night and the pills stopped all those nagging aches and pains from getting in the way.  I did hit a wall, right about the time the party ended - and it ended early, about 8 or 8:30.  The rest of the weekend was spent dealing with those aches and pains I got from moving around so much that day.  It was well worth it and hopefully I can stay healthy so we can do this on a more regular basis again.

No comments: