Friday, July 22, 2011

Monday's Back Surgery

Last time I had back surgery, 11 years ago, I spent two nights in the hospital.  I had back surgery again on Monday and I was home on Monday night.  I had the option to stay overnight, but I was glad to get home.  I actually felt pretty good for the first 24 hours after surgery,until the swelling kicked in and the hospital drugs wore off.  I'm still really sore, but I am taking it easy and keeping myself medicated enough to get by.  I expect to be off work for another 3-5 weeks or so, minimum.  Thank you to everyone who kept me in their thoughts.  I'm still not up for a whole lot yet, but I hope to feel better soon.  This is it.  I've had it.  Three surgeries in less than a year for three unrelated problems.  Egad!

That's about all I have to say right now.  Rest and recuperation is all I have planned for the foreseeable future.  Then, hopefully, I can get back to work and back to my projects list with plenty of time before winter!

2 comments:

delcatto said...

I hope the rest and recuperation goes well for you. I can't even imagine three lots of separate surgery. Get well soon.

Scoakat said...

Thanks, Del. It has been a long year but hopefully this is the end.