Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tired Tuesday

Last night was a nice night of drinks with good friends and tasty delivered sandwiches .  This morning was heartburn at 2 a.m. and no more sleep.  I survived.  So anyhoo, I had meant to recap the weekend a bit.  This is usually easier the day of or even the day after.  Then it's easy to move on.  So, briefly:

Saturday was a busy day of running around, shopping, and having lunch with my Mom and her fiance, Dan.  It was a nice visit.  I seem to be more impressed with my Mom's choice this time around.  We had a nice lunch at Brothers Three, a local restaurand/bar/almost supper club type place.  It was nice to catch up and spend some time.

Sunday, another beautiful day, we went out on Terry's boat to chill and grill.  'Chill' figuratively, that is.  It was very warm and very busy on the lake.  When I counted the boats in the cove I got at least 50 other boats just like us, anchored, swimming or grilling, and having fun.  That is what I tried to catch in that short, crappy video I posted yesterday.  It was nice, yet tiring.  I could've used a backrest. 

Last night my wonderful wife, Kate, cut a chicken in half and brined it.  Tonight she grilled it to perfection.  We ate like royalty. 

It's been two weeks since my upper back locked up on me.  I'm almost over it - no drugs needed but anti-inflammatories still.  Now it feels kinda like I took a fastball on just the right shoulderblade.  Better and better every day and I only missed 6 hours of work that whole time (I went home after 2 hours one day).  Hell, I just took a week vacation, I can't call in willy nilly, even with FMLA.

Anyway, go here, I updated that tonight, too. 

Ta.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks! Always enjoy spending time with you. Looks like fun Sun in the boat. Love ya!