Sunday, August 1, 2010

Quireboys on Youtube

I was just browsing Youtube and found some live Quireboys from last week.  I was lucky enough to see them about 20 years ago on tour in the states with L.A. Guns.  I was prepared as well.  I bought their album "A Bit Of What You Fancy" right after I bought the tickets - about 2 months before the show.  I liked L.A. Guns already, obviously, and wanted to know what I was going to hear from the first band.  I was fascinated, and enjoyed their performance immensely.

 I was front and center for that show, at the Barrymore Theater.  (On a side note, that would be walking distance now.)  I even met most members of both bands after the show at the Black Bear Lounge.  The Black Bear used to be the Heavy Metal Bar in Madison at the time so, of course, after show parties were directed there.  I was drunk as hell that night but I remember having a great conversation (and shots) with Spike, the singer.  I also remember many other sordid yet drunken tales about that evening that I can't divulge here, as well....

Anyway, it was nice to be young...  Enjoy the vid!

Drinking and posting don't usually go together, but I like the Quireboys and now I'm going to watch their concert DVD on my computer.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: