Thursday, April 8, 2010

One Year Blogging

Yes, it has been exactly one year since I got drunk, went exploring and started this blog.  240 posts, that's about 2 out of every 3 days.  Eh, what the heck, I'm still having fun and entertaining myself.  This blog hasn't grown exponentially or anything.  That's not what I tried to do.  Still, it would've been nice if some more people I know took this seriously.  Unfortunately since I don't do facebook or myspace, cell phone or text messaging, twitter or instant messaging, I seem to be left behind most of them.

I just don't have the time, energy or inclination to expand my 'social network' more.  I welcome people here, yet shun looking for them elsewhere.  Hell, I still enjoy reading all of the physical daily paper I have had delivered every day since forever, and I'm even having a hard time finding that time.  How do these other people divide their time?  What sacrifices do they make to do all that I mentioned above?

I'm just here, just me.  I remind people of that now and again, but they know where to find me by now.  I have made a few virtual friends online.  Some I would love to meet and chat up over a few drinks.  Some I admire from afar.  Some I just enjoy friendly banter with and an unspoken mutual respect.  Some are an off week away from losing me.  The internet has made us a fickle people, unfortunately.  Too many demands and never enough time to do everything you want or feel you should.

This will post Thursday morning on the First Birthday of my blog.  Now I'm out of time and must go to bed so I can get up and do overtime tomorrow.  Then the Badgers play in the Frozen Four right after work.  Sometime tomorrow evening I'm getting my hairs trimmed as well.  No time for blogging.

Thought for the next year:  Take the time to make the time...  or the other way around.  Good Night.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Scoakat's blog!!! :) I am happy you do it!!!

delcatto said...

Congratulations on your First Blogday. Candle safely extinguished and cake eaten I hope!

Scoakat said...

Thank you both. I didn't mean to sound so whiny in this post. I was just tired of being tired. I'm making time this week though.