Friday, April 9, 2010

Die Antwoord - Doos Dronk

I really wish I could understand all the languages they're speaking.  Most of the dirty stuff seems to be in english, however.  (Read: NSFW!)
Yes, I still have this South Afrikaan Zef*/Rap group in my head.  After my last post on them I sought out their album, $O$, which I understand they released for free last year on their website.(No longer available there, so if you'd like the link for the album you can email me and I'll send it to you.)  I've been playing it a few times a day ever since.  What can I say, I'm almost embarrassed but still fascinated.   Here's a live performance of the dramatic 'Doos Dronk' with some of their friends.  Enjoy.



*Zef, I've read, is roughly translated as 'redneck.'  Die Antwoord, by the way, means 'The Answer.'

No comments: