Saturday, March 13, 2010

Clutch

Clutch is a band that I first heard of about a year ago.  I liked what I heard, but didn't really investigate them.  Since then I've seen them mentioned here or there, another video or two.  They will be in Madison in early April and I don't know if I'm curious to see them or not.  I've looked at a few live vids from February and I'll listen to their latest album online to check them out more.  First impressions, they have a powerful lead singer, videos and live, but I think they lack on guitar, especially live.  I might like them more if they had a second guitar player, better guitar player, or just turned it up a little.  I've seen the lead singer play guitar on some, that might help.  Hmm, I enjoy this kind of research, now I shall go check them a little closer...

This is the first video that I saw a while ago:  Clutch - '50,000 Unstoppable Watts'


Edit:  Here's the same song live from last month in Australia.  Maybe I was too harsh earlier on the guitar sound, we'll see.  I'm still looking...

No comments: