Wednesday, February 17, 2010

(No) Smoking Update

I've been off the smokes for about 4-5 weeks now.  I miss it.  I've had a few puffs since, now and again, but I get nothing from it.  I am doing quite fine without smoking, I just miss the act of doing it.  After all, it was satisfying at least some of the time.  Just not enough anymore which is why I want to quit.  But mindset alone won't cut it, at least for me.  I need to get comfortable with new habits (or routines).  This is why you are supposed to take this medicine for 3 months, as my trusted doctor of twenty years explained.  I'm not craving it at all right now, I just miss it.  Three months gives you more time to change your habits.  You don't miss it so much and become more accustomed to not smoking and are less likely to fall back into the habit.  I'm counting on it.

The pic below is as big as I could make it (with my limited blogging abilities), click on it for original, readable size.



That's alcohol, then tobacco - there will be no firearms post tonight! :)

No comments: