Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Wonderful Ace Frehley Surprise!

Monday afternoon I started to look through the newspaper from Sunday that I hadn't gotten to yet, when I noticed a picture of Ace Frehley in an upcoming column teaser for Thursday's 77square section. It seems he's playing at the Majestic this Saturday night. I can't believe I hadn't known about it yet. I'm not sure when it was announced, but it must have been very recently. Short story shorter- I had my tickets 20 minutes after I noticed. The first ten minutes was frantically looking for where I could buy tickets!

Yes, I'm excited! Ace Frehley is my first, favorite rock star. Going on 35 years or so. Solo, I have only seen Ace in concert once before. I was on my way to a friend's house in Chicago for the weekend. I heard the show advertised for the next night on some radio station as I was almost at his place. One of the first things I said to my friend was, "Guess what we're doing tomorrow night!"

At the end of the show, I met a girl who was a friend of Ace's girlfriend who got me backstage to meet him. It was fun, just us and the 2 girls in the room, But I'm not sure really who was drunker, him or me. (Me, actually. Also quite starstruck.) In fact, I went down to this girl's place several weeks later when there was a Kiss Convention where Ace was making an appearance. I got to meet him again briefly and even got a real poorly taken pic of me and Ace! That was all about 13-15 years ago.

I'm not planning on meeting him Saturday night, but who knows?..

Here's Ace performing the new single "Outer Space" exactly 1 week ago:

He's done alot of drugs in his time but he claims to be sober these days!

No comments: