Monday, November 9, 2009

Saturday Night's Ace Show


Well, I should never say I'm gonna post the next day. Inevitably, it ends up being a day or two later.

This is a pic that my friend took with his camera phone of me with the Majestic marquee out front. You'll just have to believe me that it says 'Ace Frehley'. It was just too dark to capture a bright sign, I guess.

It turned out to be a fun evening. My friend S.H. and I got downtown a little early to have a few drinks before the show. There turned out to be 2 opening bands, so we had time. We did catch the second band but they were mostly forgettable. Ace was the star tonight. I hit the floor in front of the stage to watch Ace. Like I said last post, I spent the whole show 7 feet in front of his mike stand (the stage was elevated about 3 feet). That's not an exaggeration, I actually thought about it during the show, too far for 6 feet but not as far as 8, 7 feet is what I determined.

The show moved well. No real lulls in the action, and boy, it was LOUD! For such a small place it was very loud. Oh, I loved it at the time, but when I got home my ears were just screaming! Still a tiny bit of a ringing now, almost 2 days later. It's been a long time since that has happened to me after a concert. Probably the last time I saw KISS. They're always very loud and that's one thing Ace obviously still does. I'm not going to recount the songs he played, but he got to most of the hits and some KISS songs. He doesn't lack for any material to draw upon, that's for sure. Off the new CD I know I heard Outer Space, Sister, and maybe Fox On The Run. I wasn't worried about keeping track of what he played, just enjoying the moment with him creating his music right in front of me.

A very nice evening, indeed.
Odds and ends and afterthoughts after the break:



This list may be added to later, my prerogative.

-I've looked on Youtube yesterday, but haven't seen anything from this show yet. I sure saw plenty of people holding their phones up and getting all the action.

-My wife was happy I had a friend to go with me. I don't think she really wanted to go, but I knew that.

-I could have waited out back to see Ace after the show, but my friend had seemingly chose the bar area to watch Ace. It was late, I wanted to get him out of there. Plus, it just wasn't that important to me. I've met him.

No comments: