Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Week ...and the cat

Hello, sorry I haven't posted all week. Things haven't been terribly busy, just haven't found the time and/or amibition to write much. There's always some sort of project that I should be doing instead.

We finally have a handle on our trash. The little old lady who lived here before us had 35 gallon (city provided) containers for trash (weekly) and recycleables (bi-weekly). So I had to get a hold of the city to upsize to the 65 gallon containers. I finally got to use the hose for the first time to clean out the old ones. The city actually showed up within a day to get them, and it took them about 10 days to finally pick up the carpet we ripped out a couple weeks ago, so I was happy.

I stopped at Farm and Fleet thursday and got ladder stand-offs so now I guess I'll have to do the gutters soon as well. Installed it on the ladder this morning and it works really well. I need to do a little work on the gutters too, so I didn't want the ladder resting on them. While I was in the garage I put up alot of nails to hang stuff. The garage really seems to have filled up fast lately, but organization helps alot.

I made another trip to F&F this morning to get some wood and c-clamps. The cat did not take moving the catbox downstairs very well. I'll leave it at that. So I built kind of a steps shelf and clamped it down.




I think it will work well, it keeps the catbox out of the way of the door and we can still walk down beside it. My idea is to move it down a step a week or so, until the stupid cat gets the idea. We'll see, I guess.

Have a good weekend!

Edit: Actually, I went to F&F on friday, not thursday. And this morning it was Menards I shopped at instead. I don't know where my head was.

No comments: